Stop thinking about art works as objects, and start thinking about them as triggers for experiences. (Roy Ascott’s phrase.) That solves a lot of problems: we don’t have to argue whether photographs are art, or whether performances are art, or whether Carl Andre’s bricks or Andrew Serranos’s piss or Little Richard’s ‘Long Tall Sally’ are art, because we say, ‘Art is something that happens, a process, not a quality, and all sorts of things can make it happen.’ … [W]hat makes a work of art ‘good’ for you is not something that is already ‘inside’ it, but something that happens inside you — so the value of the work lies in the degree to which it can help you have the kind of experience that you call art.
What’s Michael was an amazing series.
Keira Knightley, Scarlett Johansson, Mia Wasikowska and Rooney Mara for W Magazine - November 2012 [x]
hey you know how i said i had a date well something came up and i may or may not have decided to give my existance a chance
Some of you might have noticed how I posted this a while back, and due to the advice of a friend, I decided to post this, on this specific site because I knew it might only get me even more negative feedback somewhere else.
I haven’t had Tumblr for a while, but though this may sound pathetic, it’s probably still the only reason I’m still here. I don’t want to sound whiny, but I know how this place is, and, well…
If this gets 100,000 notes by Christmas, I will not take my own life.
Plain and simple.
I know like that’s a lot to ask for but honestly, I don’t care what happens to me anymore, so I suppose I’m just being stubborn.
Please don’t feel like you’re obligated to have this on your blog.
EVERYONE LIKE AND REBLOG THIS NOW
Please this needs more notes
if you pass this and don’t reblog this, shame on you. your reblog is saving someone’s life. you might think that it doesn’t matter if you don’t reblog, bcos it’s just one person, and if everybody thinks that, then this post will not get the notes it deserve
As a special treat to our readers, in collaboration with IFC Films, Les Beehive is offering a chance for five lucky readers to to win a Blue is the Warmest Color poster, and one reader to win a copy of the graphic novel the film is based on.
Reblog this post on tumblr then comment on Les Beehive with a link to your reblog. You can also share the post from the Les Beehive Facebook, or retweet the post from the Les Beehive Twitter, but make sure you let us know on Les Beehive!
One entry per person. The contest will end at 9 PM PST Friday, November 15th. Winners will be chosen at random next Saturday, November 16th and announced Monday, November 17th.
I’m printing this out as a sticker to give away (free!) at the bazaar I’m attending with the rest of Misty Mountains Studios - but only to people who say a certain secret code. I’ll put on here soon so watch this space ;)
Guess who finished her first page ? That’s right, I did !
It’s not really the beginning of the comic or anything, but I wanted to test some colors and see how much time I needed to draw and color one page !
I hope you guys like it, now that I’ve settled the color palette for the first one, the second should be there soon !
There you go, rebbloging it because I’m done with the second page !
1. How can you tell if the unknown party guest is the Devil?
- He has cloven feet
- He turned the television on to MTV (grandma was right!)
- He’s all like “hey baby, I’m burnin’ up here cause you’re so hot and I’m Satan”
- He’s checking out your copy of the Malleus Maleficarum all casual like it’s not weird
2. Who was Jack the Ripper, really?
- The Earl of Toffee, heir to Her Majesty’s cabbages
- Colonel Mustard in the Conservatory with the lead pipe
- Moriarty, damn his eyes! He’s the Napoleon of crime!
- El Chupacabra
3. How can I tell thou art a witch?
- For thou hast cavorted with Satan in a sexy way
- Because I could really use thy farmland if thou happened to be a witch
- For the milk has gone sour and I understand science not
- For thou won’t consent to a simple drowning test, the premise “offends thy good sense”
4. Before Jack o’ Lanterns, Celtic cultures used:
- The carved heads of your enemies
- Bog sacrifice of your enemies
- Oatmeal in the shape of a face (of your enemies)
- Jack o’ turnips
5. Which Malevolent Old Woman Spirit from Japan is the scariest?
- Cackling old woman
- Old woman bleeding from the eyes
- Floating head of weeping old woman
- Old woman inquiring about your marital status
6. What is the only thing that can kill a werewolf?
- Silver bulletin
- Rock n’ roll
- Pile driver
7. Should we pick up this spectral hitchhiker?
- Only if he will share his weed
- No way, they’re jerks! You give them a ride and then they vanish without saying thanks
- Only if they’re doing that thing where you stick your leg out
- I don’t trust those spectral hitchhikers, they’re all the same, but I’m not racist or anything
8. Trick or:
- El Chupacabra
9. If you say “Bloody Mary” three times, what will you see in the mirror?
- The Virgin Mary (this answer is blasphemous, circle only if you are willing to go to confession immediately)
- “Bawdy Mary?” this spell is broken
- A bartender who heard you the first time
- A scorching hot hag (if you’re into hags)
10. What do the zombies want?
Please circle your answers in blood (obviously) and submit your papers via séance
I reblogged a link to this quiz I made last year, but deleted it, this is better! The whole darn thing.
Happy Halloween! Couldn’t find the time to do a proper Halloween doodle (too lazy OTL) so here’s a little something to do